- Rest and getting a good night’s sleep are vital for muscle recovery. Don’t over train, allow your muscles to rest, this will make them stronger. Sleep keeps your brain and body sharp.
- Daily stretching allows you to remain flexible, youthful, prevents injuries and relaxes muscle tension which will decrease soreness the day after workouts.
- Compression Therapy is an amazing device for gently applying pressure to the legs for poor circulation, whether from injury or working out. Compression apparel and socks work on a similar principle and are great for day-to-day choices while working and post workout, as they also relieve pain, muscles stiffness and soreness.
- Cryotherapy is a more effective solution to cold baths. It is a short 3 minute exposure to extreme cold (-256 degrees) where nitrogen vapor evenly circulates inside a human-sized tank (cryosauna). It boosts your energy, mood, and relieves pain giving you a sense similar to a “runners high”, cryotherapy helps you feel refreshed and rejuvenated.
- Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate. Staying hydrated helps prevent dehydration, injuries, cramping, and spasms and will enable your body to rid itself of its waste products.
- Foam rollers are great for rolling out knots and breaking up scar tissue to reduce inflammation and increase blood flow. Try using the rollers morning, evening before bed, and before workouts, you’ll really see a difference.
- Add a magnesium daily supplement and/or eat magnesium rich foods, such as pumpkin seeds, Swiss chard, spinach, Quinoa, halibut, etc., as it is vital for maintaining bone density. It also helps speed up recovery time, helps move blood sugar into your muscles and dispose of lactic acid, which can build up in muscles during exercise causing pain.
- Protein before and after workouts keeps your body fueled and helps repair tissues damaged by exercise. Whey protein, Casein, egg, pea, hemp, etc. are some of the ideal choices.
Total Cryo offers the NormaTec PULSE Recovery System, which is a dynamic compression device designed for recovery and rehab. Poor blood circulation or need to recover from a workout session? Then compression therapy is the right treatment for you. It is scientifically proven to work and is used around the world. Sessions typically last from 30 minutes to an hour, so fitting it into your schedule won’t be an issue… Get instantaneous results and improve your health with our exclusive compression therapy.
TOTALCRYO believes in being cool to your body with the best and most modern cryotherapy technology and compression therapies in the industry today.
Look and feel better about yourself, call Total Cryo today 215-262-6779, to schedule your treatments.
The Elements Horsham
303 Horsham Rd.