Inflammation is a natural reaction to the stress put on our body from infections, injuries, and illnesses, as it uses the inflammation to help protect us from further harm. Generally speaking, inflammation is a necessary part of the healing process.
However, there are some medical conditions that may cause faulty or overtly inflammatory responses such as arthritis, obesity, diabetes, Crohn’s disease, inflammatory bowel disease, lupus, psoriasis, asthma, eosinophilic esophagitis, colitis, heart disease, etc.
By eating an anti-inflammatory diet it can also help reduce the risk of becoming obese and reduce exacerbating some of the symptoms of some of the illnesses mentioned. Additionally, chronic inflammation can result in developing atherosclerosis, periodontitis, hay fever and certain cancers such as colorectal cancer.
Helpful foods and drinks to incorporate as part of an anti-inflammatory diet:
- Plenty of green leafy vegetables: kale, spinach, collard greens
- Nutrition-dense vegetables, such as broccoli and cauliflower
- Fatty fish such as salmon, mackerel, tuna, and sardines
- Fresh and frozen fruits such as cherries, blueberries, strawberries, blueberries, oranges, and dark red grapes
- Beans and lentils
- Good fats such as avocado, coconut, and extra virgin olive oil
- Nuts such as almonds, pistachios, pine nuts, and walnuts
- Spices and herbs such as turmeric and cinnamon
- Dark chocolate
- Green tea
- Red wine in moderation
- Water, water, water!v
Keep away from or at least greatly reduce the intake of:
- Processed Meats
- Processed snack foods such as chips and crackers
- Fast foods
- Sugary drinks such as sodas, juices, ice teas, etc.
- Trans fats found in fried foods
- White bread and white pasta
- Soybean oil and vegetable oil
- Reduce your gluten intake
- Desserts such as cake, cookies, and ice cream
- Keep alcohol consumption to a minimum
Whether you are an athlete or live an active lifestyle, it is crucial that you don’t let muscle soreness and injury keep you sidelined. Cryotherapy speeds up healing by reducing inflammation and swelling in muscles to keep you on top of your game.
Pain Management Benefits of Cryotherapy
“Cryo” can lower inflammation, decrease pain, and help chronic pain conditions like fibromyalgia, arthritis, and chronic back pain. The extreme cold temperatures will constrict the blood vessels, limiting the production of white blood cells that cause inflammation.
Be Cool To Your Body! Experience the exceptional benefits of this modern approach to muscle recovery, beauty, and body rejuvenation.
Get it all now for only $99 a month!
Total Cryo Fitness Recovery offers whole body cryotherapy, compression therapy, facial and even local cryotherapy… Book your appointment today!
Book your appointment today
The Elements Horsham
303 Horsham Rd.