Since we offer both cryotherapy and infrared saunas we’ve often been asked what’s the difference? Which is more beneficial: cryotherapy or infrared saunas? They’re on complete ends of the spectrum. Infrared sauna introduces extreme heat to the body where cryotherapy introduces extreme cold. Here are a few benefits of both!
- It can help with pain relief reducing inflammation and swelling. It’s great for not only sports-related injuries but chronic pains such as arthritis, back pain, fibromyalgia, and more. It’s also great for muscle recovery after a good workout.
- It will help tighten and tone skin penetrating the deepest layers of your skin.
- It can help burn fat as it boosts your metabolic rate but 350%.
- It will help give you more energy and boost your mood because it gives you an endorphin and adrenaline rush.
- It can also help give you a better night’s sleep with it increasing your neurotransmitter and norepinephrine. Endorphins and norepinephrine equals uninterrupted sleep and a more relaxed start.
- It can be targeted to specific parts of the body or it can be done as a whole-body experience.
For more details about cryotherapy benefits click here.
Infrared sauna benefits:
- It will penetrate deep into the tissue, muscles, and joints relieving any pain or aches you might develop from after a workout because of repetitive motion.
- It helps relax you because it drops the cortisol level and increases the serotonin level. Since it’s so good at balancing out levels it can even help treat alcohol and drug addiction.
- It helps stimulates collagen production as it heals the dermis and epidermis layers of the skin. This will help improve skin tone and help reduce wrinkles.
- It’s been proven that sweating is great to get out any toxins from the body. The infrared sauna will force your body to sweat which is the best way to naturally detox. The infrared will detox more from your body than a traditional sauna which includes heavy metals, environmental toxins, and radiation.
- While infrared saunas don’t help you lose weight it still acts as an aid to weight loss. When you’re body is at a high temperature it will increase your heart rate, metabolic rate, and cardiac output which forces the body to burn more calories.
- It’s an all-body experience.
For more details about infrared sauna benefits click here.
Cryotherapy and infrared saunas don’t outdo each other. Both have their benefits and can improve the body in wonderful ways and some may even argue that they can work in tandem with each other. Contact Total Cryo today to see which might is best for you!
Look and feel better about yourself, call Total Cryo today 215-262-6779, to schedule your treatments.
TOTALCRYO believes in being cool to your body with the best and most modern cryotherapy technology in the industry today.
Book your appointment today
The Elements Horsham
303 Horsham Rd.