You don’t need to suffer from seasonal affective disorder (SAD), to need a little help with lifting your spirits during the long winter months. Share and try some of these helpful tips:
1. Get a good night of sleep, 6-9 hours, depending on your needs to feel refreshed and its naturally restorative. Conversely, habitual oversleeping, more than 9 hours a night may prove to be worth taking a closer look at. It may contribute to or be a sign of depression, obesity, diabetes, heart disease, chronic inflammation, etc.
2. Go for a walk outdoors. Walking has numerous health benefits, take a break from your desk or computer screen. Sunshine, especially during the winter months will naturally boost your serotonin levels (the happiness helper), to lessen or eliminate Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD).
3. Enjoy your food, by eating nutritious and satisfying meals. Make a batch of delicious homemade soup. Adding things to your diet such as: fish, for omega-3, Brazil nuts, for selenium (if you’re low on this antioxidant it can get you down; and orange juice, for folate (too little causes a dip in serotonin).
4. Cryotherapy causes the body to release endorphins, resulting in a runner’s high or what we call the “Cryo Rush.” This adrenaline and endorphin rush not only gives you energy but also can boost your overall mood by reducing stress and anxiety.
5. Hug a friend or loved one. Human/physical touch releases uplifting endorphins like serotonin, and reduces blood pressure and heart rate, making you more relaxed and content. Petting a dog, cat or other pet, for just 15 minutes releases the feel-good hormones serotonin, prolactin, and oxytocin, and lowers the stress hormone cortisol.
Be Cool To Your Body! Book your appointment today 215-262-6779. Experience the exceptional benefits of this modern approach to muscle recovery, beauty, and body rejuvenation.
The Elements Horsham
303 Horsham Rd
Horsham, PA 19044